How to Add “Like” Buttons to Your WordPress Blog–The Free and Easy Version
Thanks to those amazing WordPress people, we now have (or have always had but I only just found out) those buttons built into our blogs–all we have to do is turn them on. Here’s how:
- Go to your dashboard. If you’re not sure how to get there, type the url for your blog into your browser and add “/wp-admin/” to the end. For example, to get to the dashboard for The Blogger’s Journey, I would type this:
- Go to Settings > Sharing.
- Just drag and drop the buttons you want into the little gray box indicated. Really, the page itself will walk you through it!
It really is quite the revelation for someone like me. Cool buttons that will help broadcast my articles and get more people reading them–thank you WordPress!
As I was writing this, I discovered that not only are there buttons, but they are customizable! You can:
- disable the text and display only the icons
- arrange them in whatever order you want
- add links and icons from your favorite services that aren’t included in the default options
- modify the sharing label to make it say whatever you want, like what I have: “Like it? Share it!”
To watch a video about this on WordPress TV, click here.