Thought Picking Your Niche Mattered? Read This.
I’ve learned something very interesting.
Brace yourself for it, you might not like what I’m about to say. It flies in the face of many a blogging professional’s opinion.
When picking a topic for your blog, the subject is unimportant.
You heard me right. It doesn’t matter.
What does matter is that you care about your subject. If you care, then your readers will care. And more importantly, you’ll be producing enough content to have readers at all. If your topic doesn’t light you up, doesn’t motivate you to write (at least most days), doesn’t fill your head with tons of ideas for posts and promotions, doesn’t make you care, then why will it make your readers care?!
The fact is, if you care about your topic, then I guarantee there is someone else in the world who also cares. If you find it interesting enough to write at length about it, there is someone out there who is willing to read what you’ve written. So, when picking your niche, pick something that makes you want to keep writing. If you have trouble coming up with ideas for your first 10-15 posts, pick a different topic.
- Why Choosing a Blog Niche Might Not Be a Good Idea (dailyblogtips.com)
- 6 Easy Steps to Identifying Your Blogging Niche (personalbrandingblog.com)
- Creating a Blog In a Niche You Know Nothing About (problogger.net)
- Trouble Choosing a Niche? Start a Personal Blog (problogger.net)
- Are You Staying on Topic – or Losing Traffic? (dailyseotip.com)
- If You don’t Care about Your Blog, Who Will? (blogworldexpo.com)
- 3 Things to Know Before Starting a Blog (shoutmeloud.com)
- Has social media helped you find your niche? (customerthink.com)